This lighthouse is part of the Lefton Lost Lights series, a collection of limited edition replicas of some of America's lighthouses of the past; those that once were part of the network of 1,600 beacons guiding mariners safely around America's shores, but have since been destroyed, replaced or decommissioned.
In 1822, a wooden range beacon was constructed on the east side of Wolf Island, at the south entrance of the Doboy Sound, on the Georgia coast. During the Civil War, the lighthouse was destroyed by retreating confederate forces, but it was rebuilt and lasted until 1989, when it was finally torn down for good.
This 2000 lighthouse replica is made from cold cast resin and sits on a wooden base with brass name plate. It measures 6.25" tall, is hand painted and uniquely numbered 1925 from a limited edition of 5,000. It is offered new in a beautifully designed Lefton collector tin, with original outer packaging and certificate of authenticity.