This lighthouse is part of the Lefton Lost Lights series, a collection of limited edition replicas of some of America's lighthouses of the past; those that once were part of the network of 1,600 beacons guiding mariners safely around America's shores, but have since been destroyed, replaced or decommissioned.
This lighthouse was constructed as an octagonal wooden lighthouse in 1855, guarding the harbor of Portland, Maine. It was in service until the early 1870s when the breakwater was extended 200 feet and a new light was constructed. The original wooden lighthouse, which this replica depicts, was moved to Little Diamond Island, where it served as a lookout tower at a buoy depot.
This 2001 lighthouse replica is made from cold cast resin and sits on a wooden base with brass name plate. It measures 7" tall, is hand painted and uniquely numbered 42 from a limited edition of 5,000. It is offered new in a beautifully designed Lefton collector tin, with original outer packaging and certificate of authenticity.