This lighthouse is part of the Lefton Lost Lights series, a collection of limited edition replicas of some of America's lighthouses of the past; those that once were part of the network of 1,600 beacons guiding mariners safely around America's shores, but have since been destroyed, replaced or decommissioned.
Built on Dochet Island, Maine, in 1857, this lighthouse was a small wooden house with an octagonal light tower on top. It was automated in 1957 and had no physical oversight. It lasted until 1976, when a fire, started by 3 juveniles, got out of hand and burned the structure to the ground.
This 2000 lighthouse replica is made from cold cast resin and sits on a wooden base with brass name plate. It measures 5" tall, is hand painted and uniquely numbered 1029 from a limited edition of 5,000. It is offered new in a beautifully designed Lefton collector tin, with original outer packaging and certificate of authenticity.