This lighthouse is part of the Lefton Lost Lights series, a collection of limited edition replicas of some of America's lighthouses of the past; those that once were part of the network of 1,600 beacons guiding mariners safely around America's shores, but have since been destroyed, replaced or decommissioned.
The first lighthouse to be built in the ocean outside Bridgeport Harbor, Connecticut, was a simple octagonal tower with no keeper's quarters. This was built in 1851. It lasted for about 20 years before being replaced with one more suited to the increasingly busy harbor. This replica represents the lighthouse built in 1871; a wooden dwelling built on iron screw-piles. This lighthouse lasted until 1953 when it was replaced with a skeleton tower. The 1871 lighthouse accidentally caught fire while being dismantled.
This 2001 lighthouse replica is made from cold cast resin and sits on a wooden base with brass name plate. It measures 4.5" tall, is hand painted and uniquely numbered 0369 from a limited edition of 5,000. It is offered new in a beautifully designed Lefton collector tin, with original outer packaging and certificate of authenticity.