This lighthouse is part of the Lefton Lost Lights series, a collection of limited edition replicas of some of America's lighthouses of the past; those that once were part of the network of 1,600 beacons guiding mariners safely around America's shores, but have since been destroyed, replaced or decommissioned.
This replica represents the lighthouse built in 1857 on the largest (the 'Bishop') of a series of dangerous ledges and rocks three miles off Point Gammon in Massachusetts. The lighthouse was decommissioned in 1928 and, after storm damage in 1935 caused a gradually worsening tilt, the structure was blown up in 1952.
This 2001 lighthouse replica is made from cold cast resin and sits on a wooden base with brass name plate. It measures 5.75" tall, is hand painted and uniquely numbered 0828 from a limited edition of 5,000. It is offered new in a beautifully designed Lefton collector tin, with original outer packaging and certificate of authenticity.