This lighthouse is part of the Lefton Lost Lights series, a collection of limited edition replicas of some of America's lighthouses of the past; those that once were part of the network of 1,600 beacons guiding mariners safely around America's shores, but have since been destroyed, replaced or decommissioned.
This replica represents the original wooden lighthouse built in 1861 in Fort Casey State Park on Whidbey Island, Washington. A replacement lighthouse was built of brick in 1903 with this original building being used for several years as a barracks before being eventually torn down.
This 2001 lighthouse replica is made from cold cast resin and sits on a wooden base with brass name plate. It measures 4.25" tall, is hand painted and uniquely numbered 0236 from a limited edition of 5,000. It is offered new in a beautifully designed Lefton collector tin, with original outer packaging and certificate of authenticity.