This is a small Blue Delft house created for the Royal Dutch Airline Company, KLM. KLM has been distributing these houses since 1952 on their intercontinental flights, as gifts to their business class and royal class passengers. Each house represents one of the characteristic gabled houses around the canals of Amsterdam, or from other historic parts of the Netherlands. New houses are added each year, on the company anniversary date, October 7.
This house, like all the houses in the collection, was originally filled with a Dutch gin, known as Genever, by the distilleries of either BOLS, Henkes or Rijnbende. While the seal appears unbroken and the house appears to contain liquid, the house is offered here on the assumption that the current contents are unknown, hold no value, and are not for consumption.
Hippolytusbuurt 8 is located on a little canal off limits to car traffic and parking. With its bell-shaped gable, this building was rebuilt in 1948 and currently houses Restaurant Le Mariage. It measures 3.75" tall. It does not include any original packaging.